[Catalyst] [ANNOUNCE] Catalyst-Runtime-5.89000-TRIAL PSGI Catalyst - first development release.

Andrew Rodland andrew at cleverdomain.org
Tue Jan 25 00:35:32 GMT 2011

On Monday, January 24, 2011 05:12:58 PM Tomas Doran wrote:
> Hi
>
> It gives me great pleasure to announce the first development release
> of the next major version of Catalyst.
>
> This is a development release, and we need people to start trying to
> use it _NOW_, and to tell us about the issues you find with your real
> world applications. Otherwise we're going to be unable to fix those
> issues before a final release.
>
> There are still some known problems with the current release, and the
> upgrading documentation is at this stage anything but complete.
> However, we have been working hard to keep this release as compatible
> as possible with previous versions, and the documentation for
> upgrading will greatly improve before the final version..
>
> Known issues:
>   * -l argument to myapp_fastcgi.pl script is broken (this is already
> fixed in subversion)

Actually *all* arguments to the _fastcgi script are broken in 5.89000-TRIAL
(incl. -l/--listen, -n/--nproc, -d/--detach, -e/--keeperr, and -M/--manager).
If you need to launch with the _fastcgi script, you will need to wait for the
next trial release, or build from svn (Catalyst-Runtime/5.80/branches/psgi) or
at least get Catalyst::Script::FastCGI from there.

You can still test with _server.pl though, or with your own choice of Plack
server and .psgi file, or test apps with Catalyst::Test and TWMC.

If you maintain any modules that interface with Catalyst, give them a quick
check to make sure that they don't assume the existence of
Catalyst::Engine::CGI -- if they do, they will break with the removal of
Catalyst::Engine::* !

Thanks,

Andrew