[Catalyst] Content Encoding Errors with Catalyst::Plugin::Compress

Tobias Kremer tobias.kremer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 12:58:40 GMT 2011

We're currently stuck with using Catalyst::Plugin::Compress(::Gzip) to
compress our Catalyst output because mod_fastcgi doesn't work with
mod_deflate. Unfortunately, with this plugin enabled, anytime our app
throws an error during development we receive a "Content Encoding
Error" page instead of the default Catalyst error stacktrace, so we
have to look at the console to see what's really going wrong.

Does anybody know what might be causing this and/or how to fix it?

Thanks a lot!

--Toby