[Catalyst] Failed to load user data.

Tobias Kremer tobias.kremer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 07:59:37 GMT 2011

After upgrading Catalyst and most of the plugins to their latest
versions, everything seemed to work fine at first. But after returning
to my dev system after lunch, out of nowhere our app threw the
following error:

"Failed to load user data.  You passed [ARRAY(0x798e540)] to
authenticate() but your user source (Schema::User) only has these
columns: [id, ..... ]"

I had to delete my session cookie to get around this. Since then I
tried hard to reproduce this error, but to no avail. I don't feel
comfortable deploying this to our production servers without knowing
what might have caused it.

Our authenticate call looks like this:

if( $c->authenticate( {
  password => $params->{ 'password' },
  dbix_class      => {
    searchargs  => [ {
      username    => $params->{ 'username' },
    },{
      prefetch    => qw/ roles /,
    } ],
  }

So, nothing special there and it has been working fine for years. Does
anybody have an idea what might have gone wrong there?

Thanks a lot!

--Toby