[Catalyst] progressive authentication via db & LDAP

piccard piccard at web.de
Fri Jan 28 16:34:33 GMT 2011

> So put that logic in your domain model (i.e. DB row class), where it
> belongs?

sorry, I'm not sure what u mean (new to Catalyst and DBIx).
I need progressive authentication. First it should check against the db
and then against the LDAP-dir, but using the roles from the db.
If I'm going to put the new 'check_password' inside the Result Class I'm
not able to to check also against the LDAP-Dir:

__PACKAGE__->add_columns(
     'user_password' => {
         encode_check_method => __PACKAGE__->check_password,

sub check_password {
     my ($self, $pw);
        ... LDAP-check ...
}

... or do you mean just shifting the new class to another place?
from

                 store => {
                         store_user_class
=>'DW::Authentication::Store::DBIx::Class::User',
                 },

                 store => {
                         store_user_class
=>'DW::Schema::Result::DBIx::Class::User',
                 },

???

also I would like to know if it's possible to read the configuration
from a Model/ResultClass or another class, like the one above
'DW::Authentication::Store::DBIx::Class::User'?

thank u very much :-)