[Catalyst] Opinions on static::simple - with caching

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Mon Jan 31 08:04:34 GMT 2011

On 31 Jan 2011, at 07:17, Toby Corkindale wrote:

<snip>

> However, I suppose in situations where that matters, you shouldn't be
> serving files via Static::Simple..
> And the regular Static::Simple still provides Last-Modified headers,
> which do allow browsers to perform some caching.
>
> What do you think?

Pretty much that - Static::Simple is really meant for development
only, and in such a situation, you really want to not serve cache
headers, as you don't want things cached when you're developing.

That said, this isn't the first time someone has suggested this
recently, so maybe it's worth just adding as an option in
Static::Simple directly (with suitable warnings about production use
in the documentation).

Cheers
t0m