[Catalyst] Suddenly Failing with Moose and MOP Errors

will trillich will.trillich at serensoft.com
Mon Jan 31 14:14:21 GMT 2011

$ uname -a
Linux gonzo 2.6.32.12 #1 SMP Wed Apr 28 19:25:11 UTC 2010 i686 GNU/Linux
$ cat /etc/debian_version
5.0.8
We wound up using cpanm to manually install/upgrade Moose,
MooseX::Role::WithOverloading, DBIx::Class, Catalyst::Plugin::ConfigLoader,
Catalyst.

$ perl -MCatalyst -e 'print $Catalyst::VERSION,"\n"'
5.80030

On Mon, Jan 31, 2011 at 1:37 PM, Peter Edwards <peter at dragonstaff.co.uk>wro=
te:

>  On 31 January 2011 13:22, will trillich <will.trillich at serensoft.com>wro=
te:

>> Don't know about this specific problem, but we just ran into something
>> similar -- no upgrades, no changes, but Catalyst suddenly stopped loading
>> (DBIx::Class::Schema::connection(): No arguments to load_classes). Wound=
 up
>> having to cpanm a bunch of upgrades by hand before it started working ag=
ain.

>> So apparently our system either is configured for occasional cron-based
>> upgrades and we managed to wind up in an unstable state as a result (sti=
ll
>> looking into this)... or black hats were involved.
>>

> Which operating system and version are you running?
>
> Regards, Peter

-- =

The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going
to stay where you are.  -- J.P.Morgan