[Catalyst] [ANNOUNCE] Catalyst-Runtime-5.89003-TRIAL PSGI Catalyst
- LAST development release
bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Thu Jul 28 20:05:29 GMT 2011
It gives me great pleasure to announce the fourth (and hopefully
final) development release of the next major version of Catalyst.
The changes from the previous PSGI development release include fixes
for various backward compatibility issues found by users, and almost
all user reported bugs.
This is THE LAST development release, unless we find any show stopper
bugs, ergo we need people to start trying to use it _NOW_, and to tell
us about the issues you find with your real world applications.
Otherwise we're going to be unable to fix those issues before a final
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE test the release out and let us know how you get
The release can be found at:
or for those who are really impatient:
Please report your successes (and/or failures) to the list, or come find
us on irc.
The only remaining known issue in this release is that the response
inside Catalyst::Test request does not include the 'host' or 'https'
headers. We are expecting to correct this for the final release.
Thanks in advance.
5.89003 2011-07-28 20:11:50 (TRIAL release)
Backward compatibility fixes:
- Application scripts which have not been upgraded to newer
Catalyst::Script::XXX style scripts have been fixed
- mod_perl handler fixed to work with application classes which
been made immutable.
- Scripts now force the Plack engine choice manually, rather than
on auto-detection, as the automatic mechanism gets it wrong if (for
example) Coro is loaded.
- Server script option for --fork --keepalive are now handled by
the Starman server, rather than silently ignored.
- Server script options for --background and --pid are now fixed by
- Plack middlewares to deal with issues in Lighttpd and IIS6 are now
automatically applied to applications and deployments which need
(when there is not a user written .psgi script available).
This fixes compatibility with previous stable releases for
deployed in these environments.
- Catalyst::Test's remote_request method not uses Plack::Test to
the remote request.
- Added a Catalyst::PSGI manual page with information about writing
file for your application.
- Catalyst::Uprading has been improved, and the status of old
- Catalyst::Test's local_request function is now deprecated. You
use the normal request function against a local server instead.
More information about the Catalyst