[Catalyst] long poll AJAX

Mesdaq, Ali amesdaq at websense.com
Tue Jun 7 18:59:32 GMT 2011

Are you sure it's a Catalyst issue? Sounds like it could be a JS issue with your script waiting for responses before moving on to the rest of the ajax calls. Are you using any JS frameworks? A good test could be you create a stub method in catalyst with different wait periods and verify that your JS code is treating them async. I have implemented something that is almost exactly the same (ajax js, catalyst, poe server that uses json interface over tcp) and it worked as expected so I am pretty sure it's not an catalyst issue.

Thanks,
ALI MESDAQ
Sr. Security Researcher

WEBSENSE, INC.
ph: +1.858.320.9466
fax: +1.858.784.4466
www.websense.com

Websense TRITON(tm)
For Essential Information Protection(tm)
Web Security | Data Security | Email Security