[Catalyst] Cache of unchanging content

John M. Dlugosz wxju46gefd at snkmail.com
Wed Mar 2 05:43:43 GMT 2011

  On 3/1/2011 9:58 AM, Bill Moseley moseley-at-hank.org |Catalyst/Allow to home| wrote:
> At build time I minimize and compress css and js (and images) and combine
> into single files grouped by page(s).  They could be pre-processed by TT
> very easily.  The final file names include an MD5 of their content forcing a
> re-fetch only if they ever change.
So you added that to the makefile somehow?  I take it the generated name must be supplied
to the page's template once it is known.  I'd like to learn more about your system.

So if you make a small change, you have to re-install the whole app?  If the file name
changes, I can't just use Unison to sync the directory on the production server.

As for reaching for templates in CSS:  Sure, you can break common lines into different
tags so you only specify a color once:

     #this, #that, div p .theother { color: xxxxx }

but that doesn't help making (say) a border color and a background color the same value.