[Catalyst] Best "form" library?

Steve steve at matsch.com
Mon Mar 7 20:34:15 GMT 2011

In order of importance, my considerations when making the decision about
a year ago (no existing Cat apps at that point) were:

Adoption Rate:  I subscribed to mailing lists for FormFu and HFH, and
noticed more people talking about HFH.
Moosiness:  Since Catalyst was making the move to Moose, and Moose
seemed to have quite a following, this made HFH look like the better
long-term solution
Documentation/Community support:  I personally thought HFH docs were
somewhat better than FormFu, YMMV
YAML/config based approach:  While I now understand (thanks to previous
posters on this thread) that there are multiple formats for the configs
with FF, the idea of using a config file for form declaration did not
appeal to me.

I agree with Stephen to a large degree on how to handle the decision.
Steve
steve at matsch.com