[Catalyst] Catalyst As OAuth Service Provider

Presley Cannady revprez at correlatesystems.com
Thu Mar 10 11:04:56 GMT 2011

Community support seems to be moving around from older, credential and
store specific implementations and coalescing around Doran's
Authentication plugin (Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication).

http://search.cpan.org/~bobtfish/Catalyst-Plugin-Authentication-0.10017/lib=
/Catalyst/Plugin/Authentication.pm
<http://search.cpan.org/%7Ebobtfish/Catalyst-Plugin-Authentication-0.10017/=
lib/Catalyst/Plugin/Authentication.pm#DON%27T_SEE_ALSO>

Doran's Credential implementation for OAuth is two years old.  Can't
speak to its completeness, but at 178 and green across all major
versions on the big three platforms, I'd argue it's stable:

http://search.cpan.org/~bobtfish/Catalyst-Authentication-Credential-OAuth-0=
.02/
<http://search.cpan.org/%7Ebobtfish/Catalyst-Authentication-Credential-OAut=
h-0.02/>

-- =

Presley H. Cannady, Jr.
Correlate Systems
e: revprez at correlatesystems.com
p: 617 500 3378
p: 617 500 8532

On 3/9/2011 4:29 PM, Ron White wrote:
> I'm looking to create a new API for our Catalyst website using OAuth auth=
entication.  In this scenario our website would be the OAuth service provid=
er, not a consumer of some other public OAuth service.

> I found mention of a Catalyst OAuth controller at http://oauth.net/code/,=
 however the code it links to (http://dev.catalystframework.org/repos/Catal=
yst/trunk/Catalyst-Controller-OAuth/) appears incomplete.