[Catalyst] Re: external post request

shawn wilson ag4ve.us at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 05:39:26 GMT 2011

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 1:11 AM, shawn wilson <ag4ve.us at gmail.com> wrote:

> i got my application working on apache. however, i seem to have an issue
> with 'post' requests that are outside of my lan. i'm not sure where this
> problem resides, so if there's a better forum for this, let me know.
>
> the computer is nat'd (i've fwd'd 80/tcp). tt handles the url correctly,
> either giving the private or public address depending on where the request
> came from. the javascript on the page gets the json data as the page is
 my
> lan, it works fine.
>
> however, if i post data from outside the lan, nothing. no mysql log, no
> apache log. it's like nothing happened. when i ran the app from the inter=
nal
> application server, i experienced the same behavior with post outside of =
my
> lan. it almost looks like a network layer issue, but i just can't see how.

actually, i take it back, it does 'see' the post request, just no data:

[info] *** Request 4 (0.005/s) [23913] [Mon Mar 14 00:52:22 2011] ***
[debug] "POST" request for "data" from "72.59.91.219"
[debug] Path is "data"
[warn] 0

the '0' came from this:
$c->log->warn( $c->req->content_length );

of course, when i 'post' from inside my lan, i get a bigger number there.