[Catalyst] Basic help with "deployment"

John M. Dlugosz wxju46gefd at snkmail.com
Wed Mar 16 18:28:15 GMT 2011

On 3/16/2011 8:15 AM, will trillich will.trillich-at-serensoft.com |Catalyst/Allow to
home| wrote:
> Probably you've already run this as root (or via sudo) and paths have been
> created with root ownership. Your normal user isn't allowed to frob those.

Under Debian Squeeze, it appears that the directories in this vicinity are owned by
'staff' which is a pseudo-account, and I can normally write to them.  The issue is in
creating a new directory, and is not necessary with every cpan install, just sometimes.  I
think the intention was that "staff" could install modules, but it doesn't quite work.