[Catalyst] How do you make your favicon file?

John M. Dlugosz wxju46gefd at snkmail.com
Wed Mar 23 09:31:42 GMT 2011

On 3/23/2011 4:12 AM, Kieren Diment diment-at-gmail.com |Catalyst/Allow to home| wrote:
> If you're a free software purist, the imagemagick tools will probably also do the trick.
>
> On 23/03/2011, at 7:18 PM, Simon Wilcox wrote:

That was next on my list.

I told it to convert a 31×31 pixel PNG that had a nice blended transparent background.  It
produced an ICO with one image in it, that was still 31 pixels (didn't snap to 32) and
seems to have a transparent layer.  It worked on IE8 under XP.  I didn't check under W2K
yet, but I'm guessing it won't work.

ImageMagick might have a way to produce the several needed images and assemble them into a
single ICO file, but I didn't see a flag that just does all that.  So a Perl script that
calls ImageMagick several times to do all the steps?