[Catalyst] HTML::FormHandler IDs not playing with JQuery

Ronald J Kimball rkimball at pangeamedia.com
Tue Mar 29 15:55:35 GMT 2011

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 6:43 AM, Victor Churchill
<victorchurchill at gmail.com> wrote:

> Trouble is I would like to use id="q1_select.0" as a JQuery selector
> to control the show/hide of 'child' questions, and the selector does
> not like the ".0". I determined with a couple of manual tests that I
> can't select an item with a period in the ID - or so it appears
> anyway.

http://api.jquery.com/category/selectors/

  If you wish to use any of the meta-characters ( such as
  !"#$%&'()*+,./:;<=>?@[\]^`{|}~ ) as a literal part of a name, you must
  escape the character with two backslashes: \\. For example, if you
  have an an element with id="foo.bar", you can use the selector
  $("#foo\\.bar").

HTH,
Ronald