[Catalyst] moniker_map arg in app_create.pl

matthew couchman (JIC) matthew.couchman at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu May 5 13:33:44 GMT 2011

Hi again,

To clarify: app_create.pl correctly creates Species.pm when it encounters a table called species but is confused when it encounters any preceding string in the table name (e.g. plant_species) and attempts to singularise it (e.g. PlantSpecy.pm).

This is the command I use to create the model:

perl script/app_create.pl model App DBIC::Schema \
    App::Schema create=static dbi:mysql:app_db 'username' 'password' \
    AutoCommit=1 \
    moniker_map='{ plant_species => "PlantSpecies" }' \
    components=EncodedColumn

Is the syntax correct? Would 'inflect_plural' be a more suitable argument? If anyone could give some examples of how to use moniker_map/inflect_plural/another on the command line that would be really useful.

Thanks very much,

                                Matt.