[Catalyst] Catalyst for large-scale e-commerce: A good or bad choice?

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 09:24:31 GMT 2011

On 24 October 2011 10:31, Alec Taylor <alec.taylor6 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Should I take a look at something like Magento? - Or keep to Perl
> stuff like Catalyst?
>
> (note I am currently a good C++ coder, and can code C and Python)

Look at Mango and Handel, both on cpan (and github iirc) - they are a
good foundation to build on, and could do with somebody picking up the
baton.

Mango is a f/w that extends/buildson/forks Handel, and they're both
Catalyst - they're aren't a "drop in and go" solution and I'm not even
sure they're finished, but when I was spec'ing out a large e-commerce
project for a freelance client they appeared from my reading through
the author's blogs and the code itself to do the lions share of heavy
lifting.

A.

--
Aaron J Trevena, BSc Hons