[Catalyst] Double encoded UTF in config and string constants

Alex Povolotsky tarkhil at over.ru
Sat Nov 5 09:36:37 GMT 2011

Hello!

With Catalyst::Plugin::Unicode::Encoding, data from databases works fine.

Templates in UTF-8 are also OK.

However, data from .conf or UTF-8 constants in code still gets
double-encoded. Data/constants are UTF-8, but perl for some reason does
not set UTF-8 flag on them.

What's more strange for me, manually upgrading string to UTF-8 with
utf8::upgrade does not help.

How do I make Confg::Any understand that my .conf file is in UTF-8 and
how do I correctly put UTF-8 string constants into code?

Alex.