[Catalyst] Catalyst and Puppet

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Wed Nov 9 10:20:20 GMT 2011

On 8 Nov 2011, at 15:38, Nick wrote:
> We're investigating Catalyst and Puppet.  Does anyone have any
> pointers,
> specifically with respect to installing and managing Catalyst and
> applications
> using it, with a local::lib for each application?

Not specifically, as the place I use puppet does everything with .deb
packages.

However using local::lib is perfectly reasonable here... However, are
you planning to deploy from git / svn, or are you planning to build
a .tgz file (with make dist) and upload it into your own minicpan
mirror?

Both of these are sane solutions, but how your puppet setup looks is
going to depend a lot on how you're actually planning to deploy the
apps - in fact, that's a much more significant issue to sort out than
how to automate it in puppet..

Cheers
t0m