[Catalyst] Should I create a new view for rendering a pdf in browser?

Steve steve at matsch.com
Wed Nov 9 14:34:28 GMT 2011

Hello all,

My question is fairly straightforward - If I want to render a pdf in a
browser, should I create a new Catalyst View?

The background on this is that we think that rather than rendering an
HTML version of these reports, and subsequently converting them to pdf,
just create the pdf on the fly and render it in the browser.

Extra credit for recommendations on pdf tools for this type of thing.
We've looked at PDF::Create, PDF::API2, PDF::Reuse, and also Prince (if
we decide to convert from HTML).

Thanks - Steve