[Catalyst] Should I create a new view for rendering a pdf in browser?

Jens Gassmann jens.gassmann at atomix.de
Wed Nov 9 14:59:50 GMT 2011

Hi Steve,

> My question is fairly straightforward - If I want to render a pdf in a
> browser, should I create a new Catalyst View?

Yes.

> The background on this is that we think that rather than rendering an
> HTML version of these reports, and subsequently converting them to pdf,
> just create the pdf on the fly and render it in the browser.

I use Catalyst::View::Wkhtmltopdf  - maybe Prince is better, but it is
not open source like wkhtml. Also Catalyst::View::Wkhtmltopdf  supports
Template Toolkit and could render your Templates without much
modifications.

http://search.cpan.org/perldoc?Catalyst::View::Wkhtmltopdf

Best regards,
Jens