[Catalyst] persistent ldap connections for auth?

Seth Daniel catalyst at sethdaniel.org
Tue Nov 15 03:36:25 GMT 2011

Is there a way to have persistent connections to the ldap server for
authentication?  I'm using the most recent
Catalyst::Authentication::Store::LDAP and using Catalyst 5.80033
(haven't had time to update to the latest just yet).

Alternatively, beyond persistent connections, are there any recommended
ways to optimize how catalyst and/or a catalyst app uses ldap?  Maybe
caching of some sort?  For my purposes LDAP is used entirely for
authentication.

I ask because I'm seeing that my ldap queries are sometimes taking a
very long time to return.  I don't have control over the LDAP server.

--
seth /\ sethdaniel.org