[Catalyst] Apache2 and mod_perl deployment issue

Adam Jimerson vendion at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 18:51:58 GMT 2011

On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 12:10 PM, Tomas Doran <bobtfish at bobtfish.net> wrote:

>> and shared memory that mod_perl deployment had over fastcgi
>>

> This just isn't true unless you're deploying many applications (like the
> doc says). Are you trying to run half a dozen or more apps?

Not a half dozen but would more than likely end up running at least two
apps on the server.

>  Looking at the Catalyst Manual for FastCGI deployment one thing that I
>> don't quite agree with is that mod_fastcgi relies so much on mod_rewrite
>> rules, although mostly to elimitate the need for the trailing forward sl=
ash
>> or for authorization.  If my impression is wrong please correct me.
>>

> You're wrong.
>
> mod_rewrite is _one_ of the ways to alias things, you could also use,
> well, 'Alias' :_)

If that is wrong then they is there this section of the manual
http://search.cpan.org/~hkclark/Catalyst-Manual-5.9002/lib/Catalyst/Manual/=
Deployment/Apache/FastCGI.pod#Authorization_header_with_mod_fastcgi_or_mod_=
cgi
I was able to deploy my app using mod_fcgid, and I wasn't able to
authenticate until I added the rewrite rules to the vhost file, so if there
is a non mod_rewrite way of doing that then please share.  It would also be
helpful if the doc listed the pros between Standalone server mode, static
mod, and dynamic mode if there are any.