[Catalyst] Double encoding of UTF8 strings - RESOLVED
oliver at cpan.org
Sun Oct 9 15:45:47 GMT 2011
On 07/10/2011 10:21, jul.gil at gmail.com wrote:
> I have installed and ran successfully the AutoCRUD plugin, I set up a
> mysql database tables to use UT8 charset, the charset in the ajax
> requests is utf-8, everything seems correct, except the data in the
> grids are double encoded, that means Ã© instead of é.
After some investigation and poking around in documentation I found that
the following is essential to using Unicode in Catalyst apps:
1) tell your database connection to use unicode (this will be a flag in
the connect options, alongside your username, password, etc).
2) load the Catalyst::Plugin::Unicode::Encoding plugin.
These ensure that data is flagged correctly when moving in both
directions between the database and the user interface.
Acknowledgment must go the author(s) of the following pages:
The wiki page tells you the flag to use for each of the popular database
engines (I only tested with SQLite).
I hope this helps you Julien, and also the list archives!
More information about the Catalyst