[Catalyst] Re: Accesing PSGI 'env' from in a controller

Roberto Henriquez roberto at freekeylabs.com
Fri Oct 21 08:14:20 GMT 2011

On 10/21/11 08:46, Toby Corkindale wrote:
> Answering my own question here..
> Stuff was hidden in:
>
> $c->engine->env->{...};
>
> I know this isn't very portable, but it's for an internal app where
> being able to pass some extra info through from the plack middleware
> will be very helpfu.
>
> I'm curious though - How would you suggest such stuff is handled?
>
> cheers,
> Toby
>
> On 21 October 2011 17:11, Toby Corkindale<toby at dryft.net>  wrote:

Hi,

I guess the "right" way to deal with this would be to wrap that code in
a component which you'd later use from your Catalyst app, thus
decoupling them and keeping your code portable.

For example, that's what Catalyst::Plugin::Session::PSGI aims to do. You
access the session as usual and the "dirty" details are handled by the
plugin and its config.

cheers,

--
Roberto Henríquez