[Catalyst] Integrating multi-levelled meta-shopping-cart using Catalyst

Alec Taylor alec.taylor6 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 15:38:19 GMT 2011

Good morning,

I'm still researching the functionality of the various popular
web-frameworks, but Catalyst certainly seems to be one of fastest
ones.

How would I go about integrating/developing a multi-levelled
meta-shopping-cart using Catalyst?

Pre-condition:
• More than 1 eCommerce store setup on this one Catalyst site
• Each store has it's own account, self managed by them with a certain
payment-gateway (i.e. PayPal)

Use case:
• Customer wants to purchase multiple items, from multiple stores

System functionality required:
• Integrate the various store's carts into one [separated into groups,
with a total collated into the one receipt]

System functionality preferred (but not required):
• Integration with multiple payment gateways (with a minimum of
dialogues presented to the customer)

Can this be done with Catalyst? - If so, can you point me in the right
direction?

Thanks for all suggestions,

Alec Taylor