[Catalyst] Re: FormFu missing Moose::Role

Aristotle Pagaltzis pagaltzis at gmx.de
Mon Sep 12 13:33:02 GMT 2011

* Carl Franks <fireartist at gmail.com> [2011-09-12 15:15]:
> Something must have gone wrong during the installation of
> Moose, as we depend on Moose and Moose::Role is part of that
> package.

You’re Doing It Wrong then.

You should always declare a dependency on every single module you
`use`, not just on the “main” module of the distributions that
you ended up installing, because dependency resolution follows
modules, not distros.

If you have done it right, then if any upstream distros get split
or combined (cf. LWP for a recent case), you won’t have to fix a
thing: the CPAN client will figure out the set of distros it has
to install, for you, automatically, by itself.

Don’t try to manually do the dependency solver’s work for it. You
can only do a worse job of it.

--
*AUTOLOAD=*_;sub _{s/::([^:]*)$/print$1,(",$\/"," ")[defined wantarray]/e;chop;$_}
&Just->another->Perl->hack;