[Catalyst] Catalyst::Manual::Tutorial::01_Intro

Chris Stinemetz chrisstinemetz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 04:00:28 GMT 2011

I am trying to work my way through the Catalyst tutorial while I have
successfully installed the virtual machine on my local machine's OS
Windows 7.

I am stuck on step 6 in Chapter 1.

>From your main desktop machine, open an SSH client and connect to the
IP address found in the previous step. You should get a login prompt
(accept the SSH key if you get a warning message about that). Login
with the same username and password as we used in Step 4: catalyst /
catalyst

I am trying to use putty to establish a SSH connection to the VM, but
I am getting the error from putty "Connection refused".

I am able to ping the ip address of the VM just fine via windows cmd
prompt and I am also set up as bridged for my VM network settings.

Any insight is greatly appreciated in solving this issue.

Thank you,

Chris