[Catalyst] fastcgi script returns 404

Richard Thomas ret at mac.com
Sat Sep 24 11:23:44 GMT 2011

On 24/09/2011, at 5:41 PM, Jorge Gonzalez wrote:

> And this is my apache configuration for reverse proxying to Starman:
>
> ProxyPass               /       http://localhost:3000/
> ProxyPassReverse        /       http://localhost:3000/
> <Directory /home/myapp/MyApp/root>
>     Options FollowSymLinks
>     AllowOverride None
> </Directory>
> Alias   /css/   /home/myapp/MyApp/root/css/
> Alias   /img/   /home/myapp/MyApp/root/img/
> Alias   /js/    /home/myapp/MyApp/root/js/
>
> (I know this could be better :-)
>
> For running the app from the main app directory:
>
> starman -Ilib script/myapp.psgi -p 3000 --workers 3
>
> No problems so far, using the same configuration in 4 applications in heavy production use.
>
> Regards
> J.

There must be some Rewrite Rules in the mix here as well, surely? I'm trying to get this set-up going, but am having two issues:

- All generated links refer to localhost:3000
- The Catalyst app is still attempting to serve all the static content

I would very much like to get this arrangement going, because under mod-perl, I'm finding I'm getting some outrageously long response times any time an apache child has to be respawned.

cheers
RET