[Catalyst] Using URL for /search/parameters: bad idea?

will trillich will.trillich at serensoft.com
Tue Sep 27 01:01:42 GMT 2011

When the search-screen has a dozen or more fields (client requirements),
it's more likely that we use a POST instead of a GET. Bookmarking THAT ain't
so easy.

So instead of reiterating the original question, let me ask a related
question:

What's a good way to cache a search (so the user can page-up/page-down)? Can
we just

    $c->session( search_rs =3D> $rs->search({%params}) )

I imagine that would take up a lot of space in the session record, but maybe
that's not much of a consideration...

...or is there a straightforward way to serialize the search parameters?
What's the consensus on this?

On Tue, Sep 27, 2011 at 12:47 AM, Andrew Rodland <andrew at cleverdomain.org>w=
rote:

> On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 5:29 PM, Marius Olsthoorn <olsthrn at gmail.com>wrot=
e:

>> Hi,
>>
>> Consider using the query part of the URI to represent the search.
>> Browsers are very good at bookmarking these :)
>>

> What in the world is that supposed to mean? Are browsers *bad* at saving
> bookmarks for other kinds of URLs?

> Searchable archive:

-- =

"The very nucleus of Character: to do what you know you should do, when you
don't want to do it." Stephen Covey