[Catalyst] Does Paypal standard require login?

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Sat Apr 14 22:43:54 GMT 2012

A common misconception seems to be PayPal standard requires the purchaser
to have an account.    (This might be due to the way the PayPal UI presents
the option to log in.)   We use PayPal standard on a few sites for
creditcard only purchases are common.

Now, in a recent discussion I had someone claimed that if PayPal somehow
determined that the purchaser has a PayPal account that PayPal forces them
to log in.   Can anyone confirm that this is true or not and point me to
PayPal documentation on this?

Thanks,

-- =

Bill Moseley