[Catalyst] Catalyst::ActionRole::RequireSSL under development server

Rippl, Steve rippls at woodlandschools.org
Wed Apr 18 22:35:55 GMT 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 6:00 AM, Jason Galea <lists at eightdegrees.com.au>wro=
te:

> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 4:11 AM, Rippl, Steve <rippls at woodlandschools.org=
>wrote:
>
>> We're just upgrading to Catalyst 5.9 from 5.8, and therefore switching
>> from the old Catalyst::Plugin::RequireSSL
>> to Catalyst::ActionRole::RequireSSL.  The old module would detect when is
>> was running under the standalone server and so was fine under developmen=
t.

> I could be wrong, but I think you'll find both of those modules are
> testing for Catalyst::Engine::HTTP which is not applicable since the move
> to PSGI. (Possibly depending on how you're running things).

I think you're absolutely right!  I found this...

$c->config->{require_ssl}->{disabled} =3D
    $c->engine->isa("Catalyst::Engine::HTTP") ? 1 : 0;

Anyone know what I should be testing for now?  When I query
$c->engine_class I get Catalyst::Engine whether I'm running under the
development server or fastcgi.

Thanks,
Steve

-- =