[Catalyst] TT via AJAX

will trillich will.trillich at serensoft.com
Thu Apr 26 13:02:14 GMT 2012

Roland --

The main thing is, a resultset isn't your data, it's a way to *get to* your
data. At some point your process needs to iterate thru the rows that your
recordset would return, and that's the part you want in your data.

It's not that you're rebuilding the data structure, you just want to get
the data you need, omitting the other housekeeping items that would clutter
up your results (and take time to encode).

E.g.

  DB<3> |x $rs
0  DBIx::Class::ResultSet=3DHASH(0xc1e8460)
   '_result_class' =3D> 'WT::Model::Model::Master'
   'attrs' =3D> HASH(0xc239ed8)
      'alias' =3D> 'me'
      'where' =3D> HASH(0xc1e55e0)
         'ix' =3D> '-1'
   'cond' =3D> HASH(0xc1e55e0)
      -> REUSED_ADDRESS
   'pager' =3D> undef
   'result_source' =3D> DBIx::Class::ResultSource::Table=3DHASH(0xbbaa400)
      '_columns' =3D> HASH(0xbbaa7c0)
         'cat' =3D> HASH(0xbb74b30)
            'data_type' =3D> 'VARCHAR'
            'default_value' =3D> undef
            'is_nullable' =3D> 1
            'size' =3D> 8
         'class' =3D> HASH(0xbb74cb0)
            'data_type' =3D> 'VARCHAR'
            'default_value' =3D> undef
            'is_nullable' =3D> 1
            'size' =3D> 4
*...snip...300 or more lines later...snip...*
               'sqlt_deploy_callback' =3D> 'default_sqlt_deploy_hook'
         'storage' =3D> DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI=3DHASH(0xbba4470)
            '_connect_info' =3D> ARRAY(0xb9ae738)
               0  HASH(0xac9f618)
                  'dsn' =3D> 'dbi:mysql:dbname=3Dwt'
                  'password' =3D> 'sekrit-goeth-thither'
                  'user' =3D> 'blahyaddablah'
            '_dbh_details' =3D> HASH(0xbba78b0)
                 empty hash
            '_dbh_gen' =3D> 0
            '_dbi_connect_info' =3D> ARRAY(0xab32940)
               0  'dbi:mysql:dbname=3Dwt'
               1  'blahyaddablah'
               2  'sekrit-goeth-thither'
               3  HASH(0xab32860)
                  'AutoCommit' =3D> 1
                  'PrintError' =3D> 0
                  'RaiseError' =3D> 1
                  'ShowErrorStatement' =3D> 1
            '_dbic_connect_attributes' =3D> HASH(0xab32860)
               -> REUSED_ADDRESS
            '_in_dbh_do' =3D> 0
            '_sql_maker' =3D> undef
            '_sql_maker_opts' =3D> HASH(0xbba78d0)
                 empty hash
            'savepoints' =3D> ARRAY(0xbba4480)
                 empty array
            'schema' =3D> WT::Schema=3DHASH(0xb93e380)
               -> REUSED_ADDRESS
            'transaction_depth' =3D> 0
      'source_name' =3D> 'Master'
      'sqlt_deploy_callback' =3D> 'default_sqlt_deploy_hook'

Encoding all that recordset background gunk as JSON is not going to be
useful. You just need your data, and $rs->next() is a clean way to get at
that.

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 7:21 AM, Roland Philibert <rphilibert at aptina.com>wr=
ote:

 RG12 2XT. Registered in England No. 06570543.****

> ** **
>
> This e-mail and any attachments contain confidential information and are =
solely for the review and use of the intended recipient. If you have receiv=
ed this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and destroy this e-mail a=
nd any copies.****

> ** **

> Searchable archive:
> Dev site: http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/****
>

> ****
>
> ** **
>
> --
> "We act as though comfort and luxury were the chief requirements of life,
> when all that we need to make us happy is something to be enthusiastic
> about." -- Albert Einstein****
>
> Aptina (UK) Limited, Century Court, Millennium Way, Bracknell, Berkshire,=
 RG12 2XT. Registered in England No. 06570543.

> This e-mail and any attachments contain confidential information and are =
solely for the review and use of the intended recipient. If you have receiv=
ed this e-mail in error, please notify the sender and destroy this e-mail a=
nd any copies.

> Searchable archive:

-- =