[Catalyst] many to many join with multicolumn primary key

bill hauck wbhauck at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 23 17:28:58 GMT 2012

Hi, Jon.

I tried that and it worked perfectly.

I'll make a small, simple but fully functional example and add it to the wi=
ki this weekend.

Thanks!

Cheers,

bill

>________________________________

e. =A0Perhaps someone else has run into this issue on a Catalyst app.

>>I need to connect two tables through a relation table for a many_to_many.=
 =A0The issue I'm running into is that one of the tables has a composite pr=
imary key. =A0I'm using this in a Catalyst application through a Template T=
oolkit template.

>>So, before going through the whole thing, is it possible to have a compos=
ite primary key used in many to many? =A0If not, any suggestions on a worka=
round?

>>If it is possible, here's my setup. =A0The user will submit issues into c=
omplexity_submission. =A0A trigger will create a duplicate entry in table c=
omplexity giving the unique post id and then a version of the post.

>>Tables, trigger, Schema::Result relations listed, and template below.
>>

>Did you try the way suggested here? http://grokbase.com/t/sc/dbix-class/07=
1g80741a/multi-column-primary-foreign-key =