[Catalyst] Catakyst::Runtime 5.90018 install issues

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Wed Dec 5 08:25:35 GMT 2012

On 3 Dec 2012, at 21:18, Seven Reeds wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am running RedHat Enterprise 5.8, perl v5.8.8
>
> I tried installing the runtime and devel modules from CPAN but they
> failed the tests.  I am only focusing on the runtime tests at this
> time though.
>
> First, the initial "make" seems to do a module dependency check but
> the tests have a version dependency on Getopts::Long.  Updating that
> module fixed the issue but the higher level dependency check should
> have found this.

Which test, which version?

(As yes, they should!)

Getopt::Long isn't actually used anywhere in the tests directly - so I'm not sure what to look for here :(

> Second, the test "t/aggregate/live_component_controller_attributes.t"
> fails with the message:
>
>        Bad name after view' at
> t/aggregate/live_component_controller_attributes.t line 23.
>        # Looks like your test exited with 255 before it could output anything.
>
> I'm not sure what to do about this one.

I've just installed RHEL 5.8, and successfully installed the latest Catalyst::Runtime (without seeing either of your issues) on the system perl.

So anything you're seeing must be due to a bad downstream dependency. :(

I'd be much obliged if you could try chasing these up / working out what they are, so that we can fix them.

Cheers
t0m