[Catalyst] --background clobbers log

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Wed Feb 8 08:24:03 GMT 2012

On 7 Feb 2012, at 23:55, Seth Daniel wrote:

> Anybody else seen this or have any idea what's going on?  I'm
> currently
> working on a small program that demonstrates this but it may be a day
> before I can really get to that.
>
> Thanks for any assistance.

I've seen something similar reported on irc (but an actual bug report
- or demonstration never followed through).

I can guess what's going on here - which is that --background is
closing file handles you don't want to to close, this would be the
fault of MooseX::Demonize (or our use thereof).

This is a core bug (not a bug in the starman script or log4perl) -
even if you don't get any further, can you report an RT so it doesn't
get lost?

Cheers
t0m