[Catalyst] Extending session expiry time?

Jesse Sheidlower jester at panix.com
Thu Feb 16 18:13:55 GMT 2012

Using Catalyst::Plugin::Session, is there any way to extend a session
_longer_ than the expiry time I give in my conf file? The docs for
session_expire_key say it's only useful if _shorter_ than the default
expiry time.

The situation I'm trying to solve is basically that I have an app with
local and external users, and I'd like to make it so that users on the
internal network have permanent cookies, and thus don't have to re-login
all the time, but outside users have their sessions expire in an hour.

I suppose I could just set an infinite expiration in my conf file, and
then use session_expire_key to shorten the sessions for external users,
but that seems like the reverse of what I really want, which is to give
more rights to one group, not to give less rights to another.

Jesse Sheidlower