[Catalyst] Log::Dispatch plugin is not working on one machine

Robert Rothenberg robrwo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 29 13:08:11 GMT 2012

On my development machine, Log::Dispatch works fine with the following
option in myapp.conf:

 <Log::Dispatch>
  class File::Locked
  filename /var/opt/myapp/log/catalyst.log
  min_level info
  mode append
  format "[%d] [%p] %m <at %F line %L>%n"
 </Log::Dispatch>

but when it runs with the --background option, it exits rather than logging
anything.  As far as I can tell, the user has the correct permissions.

On a testing server, where it runs in the background, it does not output
anything, but does not exit. The user it runs as has permissions to write to
the directory, and even creates the log file if it doesn't exist, but
nothing is actually written to it.

Any ideas why this is happening?