[Catalyst] Catalyst 5.90010 server must be in CWD to run?

Louis Erickson lerickson at rdwarf.net
Wed Feb 29 22:59:48 GMT 2012

On Feb 22, 2012, at 10:57 PM, Dami Laurent (PJ) wrote:

> [...]

The issue I noticed in 5.9.0010 is still true; it only adds the libraries to @INC if the current working directory contains the Makefile.PL.  It's trying to guess if this is checked out from source control, and guessing oddly.

What I don't understand is why it guesses that CWD is the place to check; wouldn't $FindBin::RealBin/.. be a better choice and less likely to be an error?  CWD is a pretty external thing and can change easily.

This little change messes up a bunch of tools I use, and means that the fastcgi version won't start in my webserver without a config change there.

If I can ever get free time to poke it, I may offer a patch which adds a check for both CWD and a path relative to the script.  Doing that neatly has been more time than I have had in the last week.  It's on my list, really.

Who would be the right person to send such a patch to?  The list in general?