[Catalyst] Moose attributes not initializing when including FormHandler form

Tomas Doran bobtfish at bobtfish.net
Wed Jan 4 20:11:44 GMT 2012

On 4 Jan 2012, at 19:16, Rippl, Steve wrote:

> That fixed it!  Thanks so much!

No worries!

> I'll set about re-factoring to try and stop passing the context
> object about so freely!  I have to say this was my first app using
> catalyst that started a few years ago and has grown in a fairly
> haphazard way as I've learnt more, and more has been demanded/asked
> for from the app by the end users.  Kudos to you guys for creating
> this awesome framework that has allowed me to stumble along and
> already successfully rewrite major portions of it without having to
> tear the entire thing down each time!

Generally the nicer way to do this is to split things into two
packages, making the MyApp::Model::XXX class use
Component::InstancePerContext, grabbing the parts needed from $ctx and
passing them explicitly into the other package.

https://gist.github.com/1561803/4976df8b86b06bbdd2748eab9fdc783ae7a9df86

something vaguely like that, for example :)

Cheers
t0m