[Catalyst] Setting the COMPILE_DIR for TT templates in the configuration file

Robert Rothenberg robrwo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 20:16:54 GMT 2012

On 22/01/12 19:58 Tomas Doran wrote:

> On 22 Jan 2012, at 18:54, Robert Rothenberg wrote:

>> COMPILE_DIR /var/opt/myapp/template_cache
>>
>> where MyApp::View::TT is the name of the view module.
>>
>> None of them work. How do I do this?
>
> This should work.
>
> http://localhost:3000/?dump_info=1
>
> will dump the config that the app has actually read in and merged (assuming
> you've got debug mode on and you're using the standard RenderView plugin).
>
> Does the config dumped look like you expect? Can you show us?

It doesn't quite look like what I expect. Excerpts:

"Plugin::Session"                     => {
                 storage => "/tmp/myapp/session",
                 },

                 COMPILE_DIR => "/tmp/myapp/template_cache",
                 },

Those are the defaults that are set in the module. I want to override them
in the conf file.

But setting in the conf file:

<Plugin::Session>
  storage /var/opt/myapp/session
</PLugin::Session>

or similarly for <View::TT> does not change those values. (I know setting
other things such as the DSN in the conf works, so it's the right file).

Rob