[Catalyst] What are the best practices for using phrasebooksinCatalyst applications?

Octavian Rasnita orasnita at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 16:41:42 GMT 2012

Hi,

On 27 January 2012 14:13, Dave Howorth <dhoworth at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> Octavian Rasnita wrote:
>> It may work unless the site already needs to use I18N for real languages.
>
> I think the solution in that case is to use a language tag something like
>
> en-US-x-my-private-tag-for-this-user

It may work, but in this case shouldn't all the strings should be "translated" in that "language"?

Is there a way of defining en-us or another real language code as the base language and for the strings that don't have a translation in the language  en-us-x-client1 to be translated in en-us as a backup?

If there is a way, than it would be OK.

Octavian