[Catalyst] uri_for method is returning relative URLs

Jason Galea lists at eightdegrees.com.au
Sat Jan 28 12:29:05 GMT 2012

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 11:23 PM, Robert Rothenberg <robrwo at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 21/01/12 21:49 Jason Galea wrote:
>
> > On Jan 22, 2012 1:35 AM, "Robert Rothenberg" <robrwo at gmail.com
> > <mailto:robrwo at gmail.com>> wrote:
> >> :
> >> Ok, it's working now. Apparently including the default fastcgi_params,
> even
> >> when they are edited to have the exact same values, does not seem to
> work.
> >
> > For history's sake, can you just confirm what DID work for you?
>
> Following the *exact* instructions in
>

> https://metacpan.org/module/Catalyst::Manual::Deployment::nginx::FastCGI#=
Configuration

> Basically, including the settings in the /etc/nginx/conf.d/myapp.conf file
> rather than relying on the default settings in /etc/gninx/fastcgi.conf th=
at
> had the same values as the instructions.

thanks, Robert.

I think there's some confusion with the file to be edited.. I'm not sure
what fastcgi.conf is for, but I've not touched it in my deployments.
The file that needs to be changed is nginx-1.0.11/conf/fastcgi_params (in
the nginx source I downloaded recently)..

 and the changes that need to be made are (in diffish format)

- fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_NAME        $fastcgi_script_name;
+ fastcgi_param  SCRIPT_NAME       /;
+ fastcgi_param  PATH_INFO          $fastcgi_script_name;

This works fine for me.

cheers,