[Catalyst] Managing module regressions.

Bill Moseley moseley at hank.org
Mon Jul 2 22:56:27 GMT 2012

On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Gianni Ceccarelli <dakkar at thenautilus.net>w=
rote:

> > Do you use Perlbrew for that?
>
> We built our system before Perlbrew existed. Some details can been
> seen in this presentation:
>
> http://www.presentingperl.org/lpw2010/packaging-perl/

Well "some details" is accurate. ;)   It's a bit hard to follow.  I'll try
later with headphones when it's quite.   But, essentially you build a
separate Perl on a staging machine with all dependencies and then use RPM
to copy to production, correct?   Do you also use RPM for bringing in
non-perl dependencies?   I assume by building Perl and installing your
modules you are not depending on any existing RPMs of Perl modules.

Thanks,

-- =

Bill Moseley
moseley at hank.org