[Catalyst] X-Forwarded-Port works no more?

Alex Povolotsky tarkhil at over.ru
Tue Jul 24 06:22:56 GMT 2012

On 07/23/12 21:52, Tomas Doran wrote:
> On 23 Jul 2012, at 08:48, Alex Povolotsky wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm setting up MojoMojo, https-protected.
>>
>> However, it keeps making http: urls.
>>
>> Setting X-Forwarded-Port did not help a bit, and trying to grep X-Forwarded-Port to 443 did not help as well.
>>
>> I've set fastcgi_param HTTPS 1, and it helps, but why X-Forwarded-Port is mentioned but does not work?
>
> Your post implies that your running the app as an FCGI, however you're caring about X-Forwarded headers, which are only relevant if you're running the app behind a proxy.
>
> Which (or both) of these are you specifying?
>
> Can you show us your web server config, and app config?

Yes, FCGI

=== nginx.conf ===
     server {
        listen       443;
        server_name  wiki.example.com;

        ssl                  on;
        ssl_certificate      dev.crt;
        ssl_certificate_key  dev.key;

        ssl_session_timeout  5m;

        ssl_protocols  SSLv2 SSLv3 TLSv1;
        ssl_ciphers  HIGH:!aNULL:!MD5;
        ssl_prefer_server_ciphers   on;

         location /static {
                  root /usr/local/share/mojomojo/root;
         }
         location / {
                  proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Port 443;
                  include fastcgi_params;
                  client_max_body_size 128m;
                  proxy_read_timeout 600;
                  proxy_connect_timeout 600;
                  fastcgi_param HTTPS 1; # Only this line helps
                  fastcgi_pass  unix:/tmp/.mojomojo.socket;

         }
         #error_page  404              /404.html;

         # redirect server error pages to the static page /50x.html
         #
         error_page   500 502 503 504  /50x.html;
         location = /50x.html {
             root   /usr/local/www/nginx-dist;
         }
     }

=== mojomojo.conf ===
name  MojoMojo
using_frontend_proxy 1
# other settings are 100% irrelevant to FCGI

=== run script ===
#!/bin/sh
exec setuidgid www envdir ./env /usr/local/bin/mojomojo_fastcgi.pl -l
/tmp/.mojomojo.socket -n 4 -e --proc_title MojoMojo