[Catalyst] [ANNOUNCE] Catalyst-Runtime 5.90013 - TRIAL

John Napiorkowski jjn1056 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 8 02:31:59 GMT 2012

Hi,

I'm pleased to announce the latest maintenance TRIAL release of Catalyst::R=
untime, 5.90013 - TRIAL.

Significant changes include merging the functionality of Catalyst::Controll=
er::ActionRole into the core Catalyst class Catalyst::Controller.=A0 This s=
hould make it easier to write well structured code using action roles.=A0 A=
lso (and not listed in the TRIAL release by accident but will be in the sta=
ble release changelog) the Makefile.PL has been restructured a bit to make =
it easier to install Catalyst as a Catalyst core hacker.

Although this is a point maintenance release, changes to the core Catalyst:=
:Controller warrant a bit of caution, so we are releasing this as a TRIAL.=
=A0 I urge you all to test you code on it and report any issues.=A0 Our hop=
e is to release a stable version during YAPC:NA.

As this is the first time I am releasing Catalyst, I want to take a moment =
to thank rafl, who paired with me at Shutterstock's monthly hack-night to r=
eview this code and get it into shape.=A0 Also, I want to thank t0m, mst an=
d many others who over the years have assisted me many times with Catalyst =
and other programming issues.=A0 I appreciate the trust shown in me by the =
Catalyst cabal in granting me release privileges and I will make every effo=
rt to help continue our tradition of releasing quality code. =

John Napiorkowski (jnap)

Full change log is below.

5.90013 - TRIAL 2012-06-07 20:21:00
=A0
=A0New features:
=A0 - Merge Catalyst::Controller::ActionRole into Catalyst::Controller.
=A0
=A0Bug fixes:
=A0 - Fix warnings in some matching cases for Action methods with
=A0=A0=A0 Args(), when using Catalyst::DispatchType::Chained
=A0
=A0 - Fix request body parameters to not be undef if no parameters
=A0=A0=A0 are supplied.
=A0
=A0 - Fix action_args config so that it can be specified in the
=A0=A0=A0 top level config.
=A0
=A0 - Fix t/author/http-server.t on Win32
=A0
=A0 - Fix use of Test::Aggregate to make tests faster.