[Catalyst] (no subject) - XML-Views: Using XML-Simple ...

Johannes Kilian Jo.Kilian at gmx.de
Mon Mar 5 07:58:26 GMT 2012

Hi there,

first of all: sorry for using no topic on my initial mail - I changed this now ...

On 29 Feb 2012, at 1:32, Thomas Doran wrote:
> Erm, why are you not just sending your already rendered "standard" XML file?

Within my controller in most cases the XML-structure generated by XML::Simple is sufficent. But certain URL should give a predefined XML-structure which I cannot achieve via XML::Simple ... My controller renders a few data structures  - depending on the URL. With certain URL's I want a clearly defined XML-Structure - in other cases where I don't want/need to have a generic XML Structure the XML::Simple Output is sufficent ...

On 28 Feb 2012, at 21:25, Kieren Diment wrote:
> I'd either use Catalyst::View;:Download::XML, or steal from it to create your own view: https://metacpan.org/module/Catalyst::View::Download::XML

I'll have to look into this ...

On 29 Feb 2012, at 11:35, Will Crawford wrote:
> $c->stash(current_view => '...');
> Then override that either in an individual action or part of a chain ...

... and into this as well!

Johannes