[Catalyst] Wiki down

Tobias Kremer tobias.kremer at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 10:35:04 GMT 2012

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 8:51 AM, Dimitar Petrov <mitakaa at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've asked yesterday at #catalyst and it seems to be unmodified mojomojo
> installation. The reason it's 503ing sometimes is probably memory leak. You
> can ask there to get more information.

Thanks Dimitar, but I'm certainly not going to fix memory leaks in an
IMHO broken wiki software which compared to other alternatives never
really worked that well in the first place (and I've done my fair
share of edits in it). No offense to the creators/maintainers.
Unfortunately, migrating to a more widely used software (which just
works) is probably unwanted (because it probably isn't written in
Perl) and non-trivial.

And before everyone starts shouting "well volunteered" because I'm
obviously just ranting and not doing anything to change the situation,
here's one I prepared earlier (couple of years ago TBH) which
unfortunately never saw the light of day:
http://www.funkreich.de/catalyst/

Sorry for getting all emotional, but I'm somewhat frustrated that the
leading Perl MVC framework still has that same old pathetic and often
broken website. Is this something somebody is already working on?

--Toby