[Catalyst] DB2 Connection string problem

Kenneth S Mclane ksmclane at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 28 20:44:47 GMT 2012

On 28 Mar 2012, at 16:33, Kenneth S Mclane wrote:
> Update, I was successful in creating a connection. For future reference
if anyone else is trying to accomplish this:

Can we fix some docs here, rather than leaving something in a vague
mailing list thread?

> http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21182248
>
> This page has instructions for cataloging db's on a remote system. Once
this is done and an alias created, I was able to get the create script to
connect using the alias. Note, if you are on a *nix system, db2 should not
be typed in all caps as the example, this was done on a Win box.

Awesome - can we make the relevant docs include the missing step, and note
the Win32/Unix difference?

> I now have a different problem as the schema still isn't being created.
>
> Unable to load schema - chosen moniker/class naming style results in
moniker clashes. Change the naming style, or supply an explicit
moniker_map: tables "db1"."ASSIGNMENT", "db2"."ASSIGNMENTS" reduced to the
same source moniker 'Assignment'

> Off to research this one. Thanks for the help.

Ok, the DBIC guys will be able to help you out here :D

Cheers
t0m

I'm not sure what docs you are referring to. I could not find any. I
solved to Moniker problem by adding "naming-v4" right after
"create=static".

List: Catalyst at lists.scsys.co.uk
Searchable archive:
Dev site: http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/