[Catalyst] Authentication in a Many Database Scenario

Scott Simpson scott at simpzoid.com
Wed May 9 20:09:53 GMT 2012

Dear All,

I'd like to offer users their own database (so that their own data is
separate from other users) but use the same MVC code for all the user
databases.  I was anticipating that I would have a database with the all the
user information including the name of each user's personal database and
then a single database per user.  The authentication would be done against
the user information database and then a connection to the individual user's
database used for CRUD using DBIC.

Does anyone have any hints on how to arrange the authorization and
subsequent connections?  I'm happy to work out the details myself but could
do with a few hints to get started.

Regards,

Scott